The purpose of this contest is to obtain mascot designs for Anime Evolution 2020. The winning entries will be featured in the AE 2020 Convention Guide, and may be used in promotional material or merchandise at events held by the Vancouver Anime Convention Society. Winning artists will receive prizes (listed below), along with all bragging rights.
For the AE 2020 Mascot Contest, there will be two winners: the People’s Choice, and the Executives’ Choice. The People’s Choice will be decided by a vote open to all Anime Evolution 2019 attendees. Entries will be displayed at the convention next to the AE Merchandise table along with ballots and an entry box. The Executives’ Choice will be decided by the 2019 Executive Committee, after the People’s choice vote has taken place.
The winner of the attendee’s choice will be announced at the 2019 convention closing ceremonies. Cut off time for voting will be 2:00pm on the last day of the convention. The winning artist does not have to be in attendance.
Each winner of the mascot contest will receive the following:
- A Weekend Pass for Anime Evolution 2020
- An table in the Artist Alley at Anime Evolution 2020
- A trophy with their winning mascot and name
**Note: Anime Evolution reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
Qualifications and Guidelines
- You do not have to attend Anime Evolution to participate in this contest.
- Submissions must contain AE-chan, our current mascot. AE-chan is defined as a fair skinned female with purple hair tied in two buns with an orange ribbon.
- Optional: AE-chan’s white pet rabbit, Bun-kun, may also be included in the artwork as long AE-chan herself remains the central focus.
- Previous mascot contest winner can be found in our Facebook album
- Entries must be coloured.
- Entries with sex, violence or suggestive scenes will not be accepted.
- Please do not include a background scene or text in your submission. The background should be transparent. Props and accessories are optional and acceptable.
- More than one entry may be submitted per person, however, near duplicate entries will not be accepted.
- The file name must include the name or alias of the artist to track contest entries. (ex: “aechan-2020 (artist-name).tif”
- Anime Evolution retains the right to screen entries for a minimum quality(ie, no stick figures or 5 minute sketches)
- Entries must be formatted for any of the following programs: Adobe Photoshop EPS & TIFF, Adobe Illustrator EPS, or Corel Draw. A lower resolution JPEG version can be submitted as a review picture but please have a higher resolution file available for review if requested. If you wish to submit in another format, please contact the contest coordinator prior to the deadline to see if it will be accepted.
- Minimum 300 dpi
- Must be in CMYK colour mode.
Where to send entries
Send an email with your submission as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your real name, email, and phone number with your entry.
Do not send files larger than 10MB to this address. If your entry is larger than 10MB, please provide an external download link, and include it to the contest email address.
All art entries must be received by Monday July 22nd, 2019 @ 12:00 midnight PST. Entries received after this date will not be added to the contest.
Vancouver Anime Convention Society is not liable for any loss or damage to submissions. Entering this contest grants Vancouver Anime Convention Society the right to reproduce submitted work for advertisement, merchandising, and publications purposes (including the Anime Evolution web page).
Copyright Liability Clause
Entrants must either own copyright or have obtained rights for the usage of copyrighted material for the content of their submission prior to contest submission. The proof of clearance for the use of copyrighted material shall be the sole responsibility of the Entrant and does not need to be submitted with contest submission. Entrant agrees to assume full responsibility and civil and/or criminal liability for Entrant’s contest submission. He/she agrees to indemnify and hold Vancouver Anime Convention Society harmless from civil and/or criminal liability or legal fees and expenses incurred as a result of their contest submission for the Anime Evolution 2020 Mascot Contest.
If you have any questions, please address them to email@example.com. We will respond to your request for information as soon as possible.