Frequently Asked Questions

If your question is not answered here, please feel free to email:

General Questions

Anime Evolution is a cultural event celebrating Asian culture, with an emphasis on Japanese animation and gaming.

Anime Evolution is run by the Vancouver Anime Convention Society, a registerd non-profit organization. The members of the society are all volunteer staff who work almost 11 months out of the year. It is headed by a Board of Directors that is elected annually by the society members at the Annual General Meeting (AGM), one month after the convention has finished and they in turn appoint the committee for he convention. None of the members paid, and they work on their own free time.

You can also volunteer at the convention. Please check our website page: Volunteering for working at AE or come to one of our staff meetings. For further information, you can contact our Human Resources director at:

It is a contract that you sign indicating that you have been checked by security, and that you agree to not harm anyone with your weapon. If you do harm someone, you agree that you alone are liable, and that the convention has no part in it. A tag is part of the peacebonding, so that security can easily see whether or not you have agreed to the peacebonding.


You might be surprised. Very often tickets will have large amounts of small text on the back that contain a waiver or the ticket may form the part of a larger document including a waiver. By paying for the ticket, you are in effect consenting to agree to the terms of these documents. Generally these documents require an individual to waive the right to hold a party responsible for certain conditions. Due to the nature of the Anime Evolution convention, it is not as easy to control admission to events as in a theatre so we are forced to be more careful in how we do things. Thus, we require you to sign the waiver.

This is to ensure that the pre-registration badges are given to the proper person. This is also to ensure that you are of age to receive an adult pass.

Valid ID would be considered Government Issued Photo ID (i.e. a BC ID, or a BC Drivers License, which is available from almost any ICBC Drivers Services Centre).

  • Driver’s license (Valid)
  • BC Identity Card (Valid)
  • Or another Provincial/State Identity Card (Must be Government issued)
  • Citizenship card (recently issued within last 3 years)
  • Passport (Valid)
  • Any photo ID (GO card, work ID, etc.) WITH an additional secondary ID that shows your birthdate (Care Card, birth certificate, etc.).

In addition, the following is also acceptable for those claiming minor convention passes:

  • Any photo ID (GO card, work ID, etc.) WITH an additional second ID that shows your birthdate (Care Card, birth certificate, etc.).

Please note: If you do not bring ID you will not be given your pass. Adult passes will only be given if you can prove you are of age with a piece of VALID ID as listed above.

No, each person must pick up their own passes when arriving to the Convention

As perk of pre-registration, we are offering an advance pass pick-up the night before the convention (Thursday) for all pre-registered persons. All normal registration requirements will be in effect.

Convention policy is that passes are not refundable. In the case of special circumstances, refunds may be granted on an individual basis but this is not a precedent.

Scroll to top